Thursday, February 14, 2008

1) On Blogging…

…and why it has taken me so long

First off, the word “blog”…I’m not okay with this new age noun/verb. Unfortunately it is just so darn fitting. I’ve been using the word “post” in conversations. This inevitably requires an explanation which includes the word “blog”…so I find myself officially at a loss. Second, well, this is something that I have only realized as I begin my career; it's harder to write to a potential audience then it is to write in my journal. I strive to appear amusingly clever and now realize that I might have to settle with simply observant. This keeps me second guessing each sentence making a simple “blog” entry a laborious undertaking.

With all that said, thanks to an amazing trip to Costa Rica, I find myself compelled to document my travels and share my pictures with the friends and family who are, or even feign interest.

Another quick lesson learned…the window that represents my ability to relay the deserved detail of my trip is quickly closing. My post-vacation depression stage has begun to kick in. I find my mind suppressing the details deep down to a place where the brutality of cube life can't take them away. Don't me get wrong, I live to succeed, but after over a week of relaxation split between hammocks in the rainforest and surfing the white sand beaches in Central America climbing the corporate ladder has temporarily lost its charm.


Happy February 14th!


2 comments:

BobOBetterman said...

Wow. That's pretty good writing--you put a lot more thought into it than I would do for a blog entry. It sounds like you had a good deal of fun, and I envy your vacation. Maybe this will motivate me to FINALLY get a passport of my own... Andy Hill

LuLu said...

Go you... It becomes addicting. Let me tell you. Love the commentary... but what about your wonderful travel partner?