I have thought about writing quite a bit, unfortunately most of the contemplation takes place on the upper level of a torturous double decker bus and inspiration fades when I get home and am presented the option of sleeping or struggling for words to try and illustrate my recent thoughts.
Right now I am sitting on my balcony from which I can barely make out the line of London buildings, well, at least the Gurken, off in the distance. It is 8:20pm and the sun is a good hour away from even flirting with the horizon. My battery on the other hand is threatening to cut me off any minute now.
--Break for a battery recharge and a chicken kabob from down the street.--
It's dark now and I've resumed my balcony position, this time with some candles and my buddy, who happens to live on my couch. We only have 3 weeks left in this flat and I'm already starting to miss the view.
It's official now that I will be out here until September 1st. I don't want to make any promises, but I have a few things to write about. My mom sends me emails, one line long asking me random questions like "What has been your favorite meal?" and "What did you do with Rose?" and "Tell me about Mark." Okay that last one wasn't a question, but one of these days I'd like to write about the ham, egg and cheese crepe under the Eiffel tower and about my weekends with my cousin Rose, one in Milan and one in London, and my cousin Mark, who's band was touring Europe. I could write pages on my opinions about the London public transportation system...it's a love/hate relationship and I could bore you with my day to day activities and thoughts that seem, to me, that much more exciting simply because I'm in England and even the most annoying altercation happens with a British twist. I haven't quite picked up the accent, but I catch myself thinking in British. Usually this happens on a bus as I go off on a rant in my head. I catch myself and think, “Now that was funny…I am going to have write about it as soon as I get home.” But, by the time my hour long bus ride home is finished I want to do nothing but eat and sleep to give me enough energy to get on another bus at 6:40 in the morning. And so, here we are, seven weeks into my London life and I have just now forced myself to sit down and share. In three weeks we move closer to work eliminating hour long bus rides and hopefully enabling me to get a little more creativity time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
glad you're having a good time!
Post a Comment